Since I’ve cut carbs out of my diet, I have had to do some creative thinking when it comes to side dishes. These mushrooms are easy to make, quick to cook on the grill (or in the oven) and received rave reviews from my husband!
I was also able to easily whip these up in our camper in about 5 minutes with limited kitchen tools.
- 1 lb Mini Portobello Mushrooms (I purchased ours at Sams)
- 8oz block of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 slices of cooked bacon
- 2 cups sharp cheddar (finely shredded)
- Sea Salt
- Wash mushrooms
- Pull center stems out
- Using a spoon, scoop enough cream cheese into each mushroom center to fill it about half way
- Finely chop the bacon and top the cream cheese with enough bacon to fill the mushroom. I pushed the bacon down into the cream cheese.
- Pile cheese on top of the mushrooms
- Sprinkle the tops of the mushrooms with sea salt
- Put directly on the grill and cook on a high grill for about 15-20 minutes
That’s it! So incredibly easy and delicious!
If I were in my kitchen at home, I would use my stand mixer to mix the cheese, cream cheese and chopped bacon all together to achieve a cheeseball-type consistency which I would then use to fill the mushrooms.
If using an oven, cook at 350 degrees for about the same time.